In the mid 1800’s The Village of Wright City was formed as a railway stop for the Western Expansion. During the mid to late 1800’s a Volunteer Fire Brigade was formed for the Village of Wright City.
In 1895 the Wright City Fire Department was formed. At that time a Hand Drawn Hose Reel was purchased which is still in possession of the Fire District today. In 1947 the Wright City Fire Department purchased its first Motorized Pumper, which the Fire District today still has in its possession. For financial support the Wright City Fire Department used a Fire Tag System. The Wright City Fire Protection District was formed in 1972 by vote of the citizens and moved from City Hall to its present location 396 N W 2nd Street.
The Administration and Firefighters of Wright City Fire open our doors to the public whenever needed. For birthday parties, tours, and public events please contact our Office @ 636-745-2262. We would be more than happy to be there!